Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowboarding holiday - ability to snowboard essential....

A six day snowboarding holiday in Kitzbuhel Austria sounds like a fabulous idea doesn't it? I am sure if I didn't come down with the flu on NYE (day 3) and bronchitis the day after and if I could actually snowboard it would have ROCKED!

To be fair though; despite the illness, the germ den I shared with a poorly Casey and Captain Sausage, the lack of snowboarding ability and the fact that everyone smoked inside everywhere it was a great trip with a bunch of very cool people.

The Bar Crawl which included guest DJ spots from Sav, Russ, James & Jenks and 8 drink 14€ rounds is up at the top of the highlight list, as well as a very nice afternoon with a certain someone at 2000m atop of Kitzbuller Horn. Obviously being the COLDEST I have ever been in my whole life...surprisingly, not so fun!

So the end of 2010, beginning of 2011 not so great, but swings and roundabouts, if that's the worst of the year done I'll take it!

On a side note, several trivial things which I have re-discovered or newly experienced which have amused me: readily available alcohol, churchbells, the feeling of snow crunching under your feet as you walk, milk in bottles - delivered to your house, kissing in public, the real world in general!!

Very happy to be back @ Hotel Laycock for a day or so... next stop York to see the Vikings.





No comments:

Post a Comment