Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowboarding...yeah sure I can do it...done it before...I'll be fine... Right.

We are successful business women, we can do this, Casey and I say to each other as we head up the lift, kitted out, snowboards in hand....At the top of the mountain in Kitzbuhel; Casey and I look at each other, at the cliff side drop and then back at each other... Sure we can do this. Hmm.

Luckily appearing through the misty haze is our white knight Russ... one of our NYE ski trip entourage that just happened to be a snowboard instructor in a previous life. He whisks us away from the top of the mountain and down to the Nursery slope, not before we have a cheeky Gluehwein on the way. The remainder of the afternoon consisted of many slips, falls and wipe outs...laughs and frustrations. I think my favourite part of the day was discovering Fruitpunsch with a dash (or two) of Amaretto.


Kitzbuhel is a beautiful village, framed by picturesque snow covered mountains. I am enjoying the local beverages and I am much bemused by the Austrian drink "Willi" who has provided me with endless jokes, today I am on a mission to sample Kässpätzle and egg and cheese extravaganza I believe.


Happy New Year everyone, rock on 2011 it's going to be a goodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment